Series 3 of Wizards vs Aliens began airing on the 27th October 2014 and ended on the 25th November 2014. The series consisted of 10 episodes (5 stories) making it the shortest series to date. It is the final series of the show after it was placed on hiatus by the BBC due to its expensive cost. To accompany this series, two mini-series were released on the CBBC website, Varg's Vidcast and Randal Moon's Creatures of the Neverside.
The Nekross are back - but this time their plans threaten to release an ancient evil that could overwhelm Wizard and Alien alike. It's up to Tom, Benny and friends old and new to stop them.
- Scott Haran as Tom Clarke
- Percelle Ascott as Benny Sherwood
- Annette Badland as Ursula Crowe
- Michael Higgs as Michael Clarke
- Dan Starkey as Randal Moon
- Kristian Phillips as Varg
- Alex Childs as Lady Lyzera
- Tom Bell as Jathro
- Trevor Cooper as Simeon Swann
|Story no.||Episode no.||Title||
|The Secret of Room 12||27th October 2014|
|The Quantum Effect||3rd November 2014
4th November 2014
|The Daughters of Stone||10th November 2014
11th November 2014
|The Key of Bones||17th November 2014
18th November 2014
|Twilight Falls||24th November 2014
25th November 2014
Five exclusive online webisodes were released on the official CBBC website as the series aired. Three of which made up the mini-series Varg's Vidcast, and the other two made up the mini-series Randal Moon's Creatures of the Neverside.
|1||Devious Dangers||27th October 2014|
|2||Humanity||11th November 2014|
|3||Triumphant Tidings||23rd November 2014|
|1||Part 1||4th November 2014|
|2||Part 2||18th November 2014|
- This series featured a number of differences to its preceding two.
- The Nekross King (Brian Blessed) is not present in this series. He is revealed to have retired to Nekron in the aftermath of Series 2 to avoid devourment by his people.
- Varg is recasted, with Jefferson Hall replaced by Kristian Phillips. He is revealed to have ascended from Prince of Nekron to Regent King in light of his father's retirement.
- Lady Lyzera (Alex Childs), Varg's wife and secret Nekross sorceress who he married as part of his ascension to Regent, is introduced as a new villain in the series. Another new character introduced is Lyzera's pet bird Eelix (voiced by Lewis Macleod).
- Varg's sister and Princess of Nekron, Lexi (Gwendoline Christie), is no longer present as a main character following being turned into a human living a peaceful life with Benny Junior in the series 2 finale.
- This series consisted of only 10 episodes (5 stories), making it the shortest series to date.
- An important milestone occurs in the series premiere, The Secret of Room 12, featuring the appearance of a second humanoid alien species following only the Nekross themselves.
- Jathro (Tom Bell), who first appeared in the penultimate two-parter of Series 1 and acted as a secondary villain to his mother throughout Series 2, returns in hiding on Earth in The Quantum Effect. He appears one last time in The Key of Bones before meeting his final punishment for betraying his Nekross superiors.
- Benny Sherwood (Percelle Ascott) departs as a main character in The Quantum Effect.
- Katie Lord (Manpreet Bambra), Tom and Benny's classmate and Tom's love interest, briefly learns of Tom's nature as a wizard, but believing she couldn't handle the stress of worrying about him in his fight against the Nekross, asks him to perform a spell to wipe her memory in The Daughters of Stone.
- A new character, Simeon Swann (Trevor Cooper), grandfather of Tom Clarke (Scott Haran) and husband of Ursula Crowe (Annette Badland), is introduced starting in The Daughters of Stone and departs in The Key of Bones.
- Another new character, Jazz James (Simona Brown), is introduced in the final story, Twilight Falls, and would have become a regular character in Series 4 had the show not been placed on hiatus.
- The BBC originally announced that this series would air partly in 2015. However, this was later proven not to be the case and it aired entirely in Autumn 2014.